- WEB EXCLUSIVE
- PE COFFEEHAUS
The plan presents five strategic goals, and five strategies, and includes new benchmarks that track progress against Administrator Jackson's seven priorities, such as taking action to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and adapt to climate change, protecting America's waters, increasing the use of smart growth and sustainable development strategies in communities, building and maintaining strong state and tribal partnerships, working for environmental justice, and ensuring that chemical health and safety information is available to the public.
The five strategic goals for advancing the agency's environmental and human-health mission are:
- Taking action on climate change and improving air quality
- Protecting America's waters
- Cleaning up communities and advancing sustainable development
- Ensuring the safety of chemicals and preventing pollution
- Enforcing environmental laws The agency sent notification letters to more than 800 organizations and individuals requesting comment on the draft plan.
Congress requires all federal agencies to develop a strategic plan covering a five year period, which is updated every three years. The EPA developed the FY 2011-2015 strategic plan after receiving extensive comments from stakeholders and the public.
Read the strategic plan at www.epa.gov/ocfo/plan/plan.htm.
SOURCE: EPA press release