- WEB EXCLUSIVE
- PE COFFEEHAUS
The EPA in a Thursday, June 24, 2010, Federal Register notice (read it), announced it is promulgating significant new use rules (SNURs) under section 5(a)(2) of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) for 17 chemical substances which were the subject of premanufacture notices (PMNs). Two of these chemical substances are subject to TSCA section 5(e) consent orders issued by the EPA.
The chemicals are as follows:
- Aliphatic triamine (PMN Number: P-02-996)
- 1,2-Propanediol, 3-(diethylamino)-, polymers with 5-isocyanato-1- (isocyanatomethyl)-1,3,3-trimethylcyclohexane, propylene glycol and reduced Meesters of reduced polymd. oxidized tetrafluoroethylene, 2-ethyl-1-hexanol-blocked, acetates (salts). (PMN Number P-03-106, CAS number: 328389-90-8).
- Ethylhexyl oxetane (PMN Number: P-04-132)
- 4-Morpholinepropanamine, N-(1,3-dimethylbutylidene)-; Fatty acids, tall-oil, reaction products with 4-methyl-2-pentanone and aliphatic polyamine (generic); Fatty acids, tall-oil, reaction products with (butoxymethyl) oxirane formaldehyde-phenol polymer glycidyl ether, morpholinepropanamine, propylene glycol diamine and aliphatic polyamine, N-(1,3 -dimethylbutylidene) derivs (generic); and Formaldehyde, polymer with aliphatic diamine and phenol, reaction products with 4-methyl-2-pentanone (PMN Number: P-05-186)
- Amides, coco, N-[3-(dibutylamino)propyl], acrylates; 1-Butanaminium, N-(3-aminopropyl)-N-butyl-N-(2-carboxyethyl)-, N-coco acyl derivs., inner salts; and Dialkylcocoamidoalkylpropionate (PMN Numbers: P-06-262, P-06-263, and P-06-264)
- Dialkylcornoilamidoalkylamine; Dialkylcornoilamidoacrylate; Dialkycornoilamidoalkylbetaine; and Dialkylcornoilamidopropionate (PMN Numbers: P-06-265, P-06-266, and P-06-267)
- Substituted aliphatic amine (PMN Number: P-06-702)
- Benzenacetonitrile, cyclohexylidene-alkyl substituted (PMN Number: P-09-75)
This rule is effective on Aug. 23, 2010, though for purposes of judicial review, this rule shall be promulgated at 1 p.m. (e.s.t.) on July 8, 2010.
Written adverse or critical comments, or notice of intent to submit adverse or critical comments, on one or more of these SNURs must be received on or before July 26, 2010
SOURCE: Federal Register