- WEB EXCLUSIVE
- PE COFFEEHAUS
Nominees must demonstrate one or more of the following criteria:
- Originality and public purpose;
- Leadership and corporate responsibility;
- Global perspective and implication;
- Success in eliminating substances that deplete the ozone layer or in transitioning to alternatives with reduced environmental impact; or
- Leadership in improving awareness of the harmful health effects of overexposure to UV radiation.
EPA created the awards in 1990 to recognize outstanding contributions to the protection of the Earth's stratospheric ozone layer. Since then, 554 individuals, companies, organizations, and teams from 54 countries have earned this honor.