- WEB EXCLUSIVE
- PE COFFEEHAUS
Nominations can be submitted online beginning Wednesday, and ending Feb. 8.
According to an agency release, the program seeks to recognize individuals and groups outside of the EPA who made significant contributions to improve the environment in the year 2008. Anyone can be nominated, such as scientists, teachers, journalists, citizen activists, young people, organizations, business representatives, public officials and others committed to protecting public health and preserving our natural surroundings.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- promotion of innovative ideas, techniques, and/or technologies
- ability to address an environmental problem or need
- accomplishment of stated goals
- ability of the program/activity to be replicated or widely shared
- collaboration with others
- clarity and effectiveness of the presentation
- long term benefits for the environment