- WEB EXCLUSIVE
- PE COFFEEHAUS
Using leading edge IBM technology, Habitat JAM is the world's largest think tank. Ideas discussed in this 72-hour period will help refine the agenda for the upcoming biennial World Urban Forum - a United Nations-sponsored meeting where issues of sustainability for the world's rapidly expanding cities will be discussed.
Participants will be able to discuss and interact with global leaders and thinkers on several issues: access to water, urban safety and security, urban finance and governance, the future of the world's slums, and environmental sustainability.
Notable participants will include global key thinkers such as the Nicky Gavron, Deputy Mayor of London, who heads London's environmental initiatives; the head of the world's largest activist group for slum dwellers; the scientist in charge of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change; William McDonough, a renowned visionary and "green" architect, whose theories are being built on the ground in New Cities in China; the head of the world's biggest and most influential environmental organization; authors of groundbreaking books; the newly appointed President of Canada's aid agency; and the Rwandan leader of the African Development Bank.
The three-day online discussion also includes distinguished moderators:
- Executive Director, UN-HABITAT, Mrs. Anna Tibaijuka
- President of Development Alternatives, India, Dr. Ashok Khosla
- President, Canadian Commission for UCESCO, Max Wyman
- Member of Parliament, Canada, David McGuinty
- Renowned New York Times and Fortune Magazine author Robert Neuwirth
- Dean of Law at Lagos University, Adeyemi Adedokun
- The Director, Task Force on Human Trafficking Joint, Justice, FBI and Boston Police, Karen Mclaughlan
- Mayor Jesse Robredo of the Philippines
- Mexico's Environment Secretary, Claudia Sheinbaum
- President of Tokiwa Univerisity, Japan, Dr. Hidemichi Morosawa
Reference: Jeremy Dunn or Laura Balance
Curve Communications Group
(604) 684-3170 office
(604) 726-8350 cell